Learning to Love the City
Book of Jonah
God loves the city of Tucson and desires good for all of it.
God sends us to be his agents
1. What are some of the ways you and other Christians can bring God's redemption, love, justice and mercy to the City of Tucson?
2. Think about your job, what are some of the ways it could be used to:
--evangelize to the lost in Tucson?
-- make Tucson thrive as a city?
Whether that be coworkers or the particular people your organization serves.
3. Be honest with yourself, and ask who it is in the city that you don't really like or want to be around. What are some ways you can sacrificially love and serve those people?
4. When you think about those people, what are some of the ways you could be praying for them throughout the week?
5. What role does remembering the gospel: that Jesus came to serve his enemies.... what role does Jesus work play in your moving out.
Matthew 28 The Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.
Romans 5 When we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son.